'ANIMALS SHARE WITH US THE PRIVILEGE OF HAVING A SOUL' ~ Pythagoras

'THE GREATNESS OF A NATION AND ITS MORAL PROGRESS CAN BE JUDGED BY THE WAY ITS ANIMALS ARE TREATED' ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I left the UK and came to live in this beautiful part of Greece with two cats in 2005. Never did I think that animal welfare/rescuing would take over all other planned activities. The plight of these helpless innocent souls is heartbreaking.

23 July 2012

Angel - HOME WANTED

Today, like usual, I went for my lunchtime walk.  This time I was debating which route I should take.  Should I take the top route, or got the normal route?  I decided to go the normal route.  Why?  I have no idea.  Anyway, the normal route first takes me to the cemetery where I like to read the headstones and see who else has died. It might seem depressing, but the graveyard here in Ermioni, is such a restful place.  The sun shines, the flowers very colourful and the birds twitter.  So very peaceful.  Then when I have done all of this, I wash my hands to cool them down.  Anyway, today, I didn't get past reading any stones, or washing my hands, as upon entering the gates, by the bins on the right, there was this little kitten all by itself.   Again, I always carry food with me, as part of the walk, I meet Blackie, who gets food.  I rang my husband, but he couldn't come immediately as the guests had arrived.   As gentle as anything and so loving.  I put some food down and waited for my husband to arrive.  Then she was whisked off to safety. 

She is called Angel, and she probably was the reason I had to walk the normal route, because my Angel was waiting for me.

HOME WANTED.  Can you help to re-home?  elaine1156@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment