'ANIMALS SHARE WITH US THE PRIVILEGE OF HAVING A SOUL' ~ Pythagoras

'THE GREATNESS OF A NATION AND ITS MORAL PROGRESS CAN BE JUDGED BY THE WAY ITS ANIMALS ARE TREATED' ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I left the UK and came to live in this beautiful part of Greece with two cats in 2005. Never did I think that animal welfare/rescuing would take over all other planned activities. The plight of these helpless innocent souls is heartbreaking.

20 February 2013

Burnt dog

Even though money is pretty tight at the moment, I am always on the look out for potential land, as my long term plan it to create a safe haven for the welfare of my Greek Strays.  The land where most of our strays are is not safe at all.  With the horrible neighbour and the shepherd, anything is possible in our absence.  Each day we go, I am always thinking the worse and that is they might all be poisoned!!!!!

Anyway a few days ago, I went to investigate a piece of land, which seemed to be hidden by trees.  Lovely location, but not suitable.  Before I left, something caught my eye.  It was a thick brown belt which intrigued me.  Inspecting closer, it appeared to be round something.  Sadly, it was round an animal that had its front legs folded under.  This belt was securely tied around, so that the poor animal had no chance of escaping.  Oh the sadness in my heart.  The pain I felt and this was an area that I was looking at land.  With seeing this, there was no way, I would consider this.  Anyway from behind, I thought it might have been a couple of puppies, but when I got to the front, it was a dog.  Sheer utter heartbreaking was this sight, as the dog had been burnt!!!!  Bloody hell, this cruelty to animals has to stop.  What was it with people that made them harm innocent helpless poor souls?  

I thought about giving someone the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe the dog had died and someone tried to dispose of it, but no-one buckles the legs of an animal without having intentions of causing pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment